ATLUS and parent company SEGA announced multiple new games! Sega has announced Puyo Puyo Tetris while Atlus announced a Shin Megami Tensei game that has yet to be named, as well as 2 games from the Utawarerumono series.
Puyo Puyo Tetris
When the Puyo Puyo and Tetris series’s cross paths, magic happens. Puyo Puyo Tetris comes west this spring on the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch to “test the bonds of friendships and bring new meaning to competitive gaming”.
“Tetriminos and Puyos collide in Puyo Puyo Tetris, with players being able to frantically stack and clear by themselves or compete head-to-head with friends. The game has a variety of modes for all you puzzle fiends – from single-player Adventure and Challenge modes to ferocious competition with up-to-four player Arcade modes, for tons of Tetris/Puyo variety. Seriously, there are a boatload of match types that will challenge even the most grizzled puzzle game veteran! Want to switch between Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards? Check out Swap mode. Is racing against the competition more your style? We’ve got you covered with Big Bang mode. Feel like spicing it up with special items that can either help or harm players? Party mode is where it’s at, son! There are plenty more modes to choose from, so you’ll never be bored. Oh, and there’s also a Puzzle League system that includes friendship-breaking features like player ratings and rankings”
Available physically only for PlayStation 4 for $29.99 and Digitally and physically for Switch for $29.99 and $39.99 respectively. This spring, Puyo Puyo tetris will be the center of parties in every living room.
Untitled Shin Megami Tensai Game
During the Nintendo Switch Livestream, Atlus revealed a new title in the long running SMT RPG series sporting the placeholder title Shin Megami Tensei Brand New Title (Clever, huh?). No localization information has been given, but Atlus wanted to present details from the Japanese reveal. A formal announcement will be made at a later date on if localization is confirmed or not.
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception and Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth
AQUAPLUS’ visual novel/SRPG epics will be arriving in the Americas and Europe in 2017!
“Mask of Deception follows the story of Haku, a mysterious amnesiac who awakens in an unfamiliar and hostile wilderness. However, he’s rescued by a beautiful girl named Kuon, who sports both adorable animal ears and a beastlike tail. They eventually team up, and Haku will (reluctantly) encounter colorful characters (yes, that means more animal people), build deep relationships, battle ruthless enemies, and find himself inexorably dragged into the political machinations of the mighty nation of Yamato.”
Mask of Deception features:
- An Unforgettable Story – Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we’ll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
- An Active SRPG Battle System – Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or vital dodges/blocks.
- Fully Fleshed Out Combat – Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It’ll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
- Breathtaking Art – With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
- Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score – The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.
The games will be released in the Americas on Playstation 4 and PlayStation Vita in both Physical and digital formats, meanwhile the European PS4 version will have a physical release while the PS Vita version will be digital only. Mask of Deception will release in the spring, with the sequel, Mask of Truth, releasing later this year. Both games will have english text with the original Japanese audio. Both games will be $49.99 on PS4 and $39.99 on PS Vita (with Commensurate European prices).